A Longstanding Tradition
When Hudson River Teachers FCU was first chartered in 1938, our founders’ mission was ambitious, yet simple.
As educators themselves, they wanted to provide outstanding financial services for all of the teachers in the school districts the credit union would serve. Their goal was to provide the financial opportunities and personal service that local banks and other financial institutions would not or could not provide.
The founding principles and driving force behind this new, not-for-profit financial institution would be based on the longstanding credit union tradition of “people helping people” − and “service first.” Little did our founders know that their idea, and the credit union’s success as a financial institution, would go beyond their expectations.
We Have A New Name
Hudson River Financial Federal Credit Union
Our new name became official October 1, 2015. Although having “teachers” in our name made sense for many years, we hadn’t served just teachers for a very long time. We believe our new name better represents all of our members and our expanded field of membership.
Today, our credit union serves anyone who lives, works or worships in Westchester, Putnam and Rockland counties. We believe we have continued to grow because we have remained dedicated to our founders’ original mission − to provide our members with the best possible service, loans and technologically advanced accounts and money management services.
Our Mission Statement
To improve the quality of our members’ lives by maintaining a strong, secure, and innovative financial institution that builds trust, shows respect, and maximizes efficiency.
Learn more about what makes our credit union different than other financial institutions.
Our Board of Directors
- Diana Roda Chair
- Joan Franich Vice Chair and Secretary
- Robert Fornges Director
- Brian Hugick Treasurer
- Joan Weise Director
- Evelyn E. Fornges Director EMERITUS
- Thomas J. Powers, Jr. President & Chief Executive Officer
- Chris Powers Vice President & COO
- Sharon Gilleo Senior Lending Representative
- Christy Moretti Senior Lending Representative
- Joyce G. Vogt Senior Member Service Representative
- Helen Hardeen Senior Member Service Representative
- James Crecco Senior Member Service Representative
- Jake Kasanofsky Member Service Representative
- Marisol Cavallo Member Service Representative